The On/Volume knob is on the bottom of the device.
You can record up to five minutes’ worth of messages (and up to 250 steps).
- Press and hold the red Record button on the bottom of the device.
- Repeat the following for each “step” in the sequence:
- At the same time as you are holding down the small Record button, press and hold the red button on top of the device while you…
- Speak (into the black microphone patch on the back of the device); then
- Release only the top button when you are done speaking between steps.
- When you are finished with the entire sequence, release the small Record button.
In other words, you will hold down the bottom Record button the whole time, and repeatedly press-and-release the top button to record each individual step.
- Set the toggle switch on the bottom of the device to either:
- Random (so that the steps will be played in random order); or
- Sequencer/Single (so that the steps will be played in the order in which they were recorded).
- Then just press the top red button to play each step.
The first thing to check is the batteries.
- Use 4 AAA alkaline batteries, not rechargeables.
- Whenever you install new batteries correctly (with the device switched on), the sequencer emits a tone. If no tone is emitted, then you should make sure that the new batteries are actually new, and not just other old ones that someone has left lying around.
- If you are not going to use this device for a long period of time, remove the batteries; keep them together since they’ll have the same level of charge.
- This sequencer can connect to other devices (with a 1/8-inch mono plug cable).
- Use the “Device” (output) jack to connect to a device that the sequencer will activate.
- Use the “Switch” (input) jack to connect to a switch that will activate the sequencer.
- Do not submerge this device.