The person responsible for maintaining and implementing the Healthy and Safe Schools Plan is:
List of Buildings
This plan covers the following buildings:
- Lane ESD Main Campus (administrative office)
1200 Highway 99 N
Eugene, Oregon 97402
- Westmoreland Campus
1717 City View St.
Eugene, Oregon 97402
The Lane ESD has developed a plan to test for radon as required by ORS.332.167. Radon test results will be posted to the Lane ESD website.
- Lane ESD Complete Radon Plan
- Initial radon testing to be completed in 2017.
Lead in Drinking Water
Lane ESD has developed a plan to test for lead from water sources used for drinking and food preparation. The district will follow the Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) 3T's Technical Guidance for conducting sampling to identify lead in drinking water.
Lane ESD completed testing for lead from water sources in December 2017. All potable water sources were tested.
The following link displays an integrated map, developed by the Oregon Health Authority, identifying schools in compliance with lead testing.
- At a minimum, the district will conduct ongoing water sampling every 10 years or as required by state/federal regulations with collection from all potable sources. All samples collected will be analyzed by an Oregon Health Authority accredited laboratory for lead.
If Lead is Detected
- If lead is ever detected at a water source at a level above the EPA's action limit, that water source will be tagged and removed form service until water source is remedied and lead levels are safe.
- Facilities will replace fixtures at sources where lead exceeds the action limit provided by the EPA. After new fixtures are installed, water samples will be taken to be retested for lead. If samples reveal that lead limits are still exceeded, facilities will continue investigation until resolved. If facilities department is unable to mitigate lead levels, water source will be decommissioned permanently.
- Sample results will be published by the facilities manager (5) days after receiving the results from the lab.
In order to comply with the EPA's Renovation, Repair, and Painting Program Rule, Lane ESD will only contract with certified lead based paint renovation contractors licensed by the Oregon Construction Contractors Board or use Lane ESD staff certified by the Oregon Health Authority.
Integrated Pest Management
Lane ESD has adopted an integrated pest management plan as required by ORS 634.700 through 634.750.
Lane ESD will make test results available to the public within five (5) business days of receiving the results. Test results will be posted on the district website, notice will be sent via email, and the information will be available upon request at the Main Campus at 1200 Highway 99 N, Eugene, OR 97402.