The goal of the Common Core State Standards (CCSS) is to help all students become college and career-ready by the time they leave high school. What does this mean for you?
- English Language Arts StandardsOpens a new window/tab
- Math StandardsOpens a new window/tab
- Smarter BalancedOpens a new window/tab
- Engage NYOpens a new window/tab – This site is sponsored by New York State Education Department and is a wealth of CCSS resources including extensive curriculum modules and units in P-12 ELA and math as well as implementation and assessment resources.
- Achieve the CoreOpens a new window/tab – This site has a wide range of professional development and implementation resources including but not limited to the Basal Alignment Project. Access to the Basal Alignment Project and its free, common core-aligned lessons for use with 3rd-5th grade Basal Reading Series is available through Edmodo.
- Oregon State Library Information System (OSLIS)Opens a new window/tab – OSLIS provides access to full-text magazines and journals, searchable by Lexile level. It's a good place to find short, grade-appropriate non-fiction texts for close reading across the curriculum.
- North Carolina Public Schools: Department of Accountability and Curriculum Reform EffortOpens a new window/tab – This site has several useful resources including progressions and unpacked standards documents for each grade.